|Visit This School|
|About CSU Channel Islands|
|CSU Channel Islands Academics|
|CSU Channel Islands News|
|Type||Public, 4-year or above|
|Awards Offered||Bachelor's degree, Postbaccalaureate certificate, Master's degree|
|Campus Setting||Rural, Fringe|
|Student Population||5,139 (4,939 undergraduate)|
|Student-to-Faculty Ratio||24 to 1|
Placing students at the center of the educational experience, California State University Channel Islands provides undergraduate and graduate education that facilitates learning within and across disciplines through integrative approaches, emphasizes experiential and service learning, and graduates students with multicultural and international perspectives.
- Identify and describe the modern world and issues facing societies from multiple perspectives including those within and across disciplines, cultures and nations (when appropriate).
- Analyze issues, and develop and convey to others solutions to problems using the methodologies, tools and techniques of an academic discipline.
- informed about past, present, and future issues affecting human society and natural world, and the inter-relatedness of society and the natural world;
- empowered with the disciplinary and interdisciplinary knowledge necessary to evaluate problems, the ability to translate knowledge into judgment and action, and excellent communication skills for conveying their interpretations and opinions to a diverse audience;
- creative in developing imaginative self-expression and independent thinking, with joy and passion for learning; and
- dedicated to maintaining the principles of intellectual honesty, democracy, and social justice, and to participating in human society and the natural world as socially responsible individual citizens.
|Special Learning Opportunities||Religious Affiliation|
|Student Services||Undergraduates registered as students with disabilities|
Academic/career counseling service
Employment services for students
Placement services for completers
Advanced placement credits
|Faculty and Graduate Assistants||Full-time||Part-time|
|Research and Public Service||96||0|
|Total Graduate Assistants||-||13|
|Research and Public Service||-||0|